Summer Hair Care with Some Tips & Hacks
Updated: May 22, 2019
With the onset of harsh summer months and in-between our busy lifestyle, our hair suffers the most leading to multiple hair problems like dry hair, hair fall, oily scalp and many more that we tend to ignore on a day to day basis.
I have realized hair care is essential and that’s when I started looking out for better options and implemented changes in my diet. I slowly realized nature has the solution for everything and started being conscious of the ingredients used and the botanicals that should be present in my hair care products, keeping in mind my oily scalp and coloured hair.
That’s when I heard that the first brand that has real botanicals and endorsed by the world leader in plant science Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew in London – Herbal Essences, is now available in India. I was really excited to try out this product as it is filled with natural ingredients and smells amazing too!!!
I've been using the Herbal Essences White Strawberry & Sweet Mint range for a couple of days now and trust me it’s unbelievable.
I have coloured hair and using this shampoo and conditioner has made my colour look smooth, soft and looks just like I got out of a salon.
My hair has never felt healthier given these products are free of parabens, colourants and gluten and are the safest option for colour treated hair. As if these reasons weren’t enough, the fragrance that this leaves in your hair is simply exotic and refreshing!
● Quality and quantity is totally worth the price.
● Smells amazing.
● Lathers very well and removes buildup of oil and hair product.
● Hair stays manageable until next wash.
● Unless you are staying in a high-humidity area, no need to use a serum because it may weigh your hair down. The shampoo followed by conditioner takes care of the frizz to a certain extent.
Just as the sun damages your skin, it can damage your hair, too. Saltwater and chlorine also take a toll on our tresses. The not-so-pretty outcome: A few weeks into summer, hair that was shiny and easily managed looks and feels fried.
Tips for Healthy and Gorgeous Summer Hair:
1. Start summer with a trim. You'll get rid of split ends and refresh your style. You might need a mid-season cut, too. Hair really does grow faster in the summer.
2. Saturate strands before taking a dip. If your hair is drenched with clean water or leave-in conditioner, it won't absorb as much saltwater or pool chemicals, if there isn't a shower nearby, keep a spray bottle filled with fresh water.
3. Switch to a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. You may be washing your hair more frequently to deal with summer's sweat and grime. Use a clarifying, or anti-residue, shampoo once a week to clear away product buildup and chemicals. Just be sure to follow with a conditioning treatment.
4. Skip the hot tools. At least once or twice a week, give your hair a break from blow dryers, flat irons, and curling irons. Washing your hair at night and piling it up in a bun, a braid, or ponytail before you head to bed. "When you wake up, you'll have a nice beachy wave," It's the perfect look for weekends, or make it work-ready with accessories like a thin headband or pretty barrettes.
5. Outwit frizz. Hair that's healthy and well-maintained is your best defense against frizz. Along with regular trims and conditioning, a drop or two of an anti-frizz oil or serum can help smooth hair and add shine. Use only "a teeny tiny drop" of oil.
But let's face it: When the air is so thick with humidity it feels like molasses, frizz is going to happen. Don't waste your summer trying to fight frizz. Instead, find an easy go-to hairdo like a slick pony, high bun, or side braid for those high-humidity days.
Remember- “Good hair speaks louder than Words”
Get your hands on their products from any of the sites below: